React JS Senior Software Engineer
About the Role
Become part of the most prominent mobile and web dev shop in the world and get imbued in a culture of teamwork, diversity, and recognition.
Collaboration, optimism, and curiosity drives us as we’re passionate, humble and hungry for new challenges with a growth mindset, always putting our skills to test while advising our clients and mentoring less experienced engineers.
On a daily basis you are expected to:
- Coaching and mentoring less experienced developers pushing them to reach new levels in their career.
- Take ownership of the implementation and optimization over iterations.
- Advice clients in obtaining business results effectively.
- Guide the team in the correct use of tools, the implementation of quality and automation processes, and the proper monitoring of the delivery and review process.
What We’re Looking For
- 7+ years of experience building custom software development.
- 5+ years of experience architecting complex and scalable implementations..
- Proficiency with React JS, Jest and Cypress JS.
- Proficiency in Webpack use and configuration.
- Proficiency with SCSS composition and inheritance, mixins, and functionalities.
- Profound understanding of Component and Responsive Design Implementations.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
An especially strong candidate may also have the following experience:
Having delivered plenty of production web applications
- High motivation and ability to tolerate ambiguity.
- Agile, Scrum, XP or any other dynamic methodology.
Our benefits: (contractor)
- Contract signed with a US Company
- At least 10 days of vacations per year
- Training plan and continuous learning
- Be part of a company ranked in the top 20% worldwide according to Officevibe in employee engagement
- Health and wellness program
- Company retreats and offsite activities
Our growth culture:
- One pillar here at MagmaLabs is to give back to the community. This is why we organize code retreats, small conferences, meetups, visits to universities, contributions to open source, mentorships, etc.
- We like to share knowledge outside and inside the company, that's why we organize MagmaTalks —a place to share ideas, tools, and different topics.
- We support the BrightCoders Academy, our talent accelerator that provides mentoring and training to the next generation of software engineers.
- We have a great process to boost team-building with our MagmaActivities! (sports, paintball, escape rooms, bowling and more)
- And we also enjoy partying on special occasions: Christmas Party, Programmer's Day, Halloween, Day of the Dead, Independence Day and more.
We’re an incredible team that builds tailored software solutions to help companies execute their vision. Altogether, we have helped develop multiple projects and built sites from scratch for more than a hundred projects across different countries. We also love to develop top talent to deliver high-quality products with rigorous execution.