Staff Software Engineer
About the Role
Address the pain of small business owners due to market volatility making cash management and forecasting accessible to them.
Become part of an experienced and knowledgeable team with a strong culture based on trust and psychological safety, transparency, feedback, respect and empathy.
On a daily basis you can expect to:
- Architect, design and implement data platform to enable financial intelligence
- Solve performance, scalability problems as we grow our customer base
- Build Machine Learning Operations (MLOps) into the platform for on-demand and incremental prediction model update
- Tackle the integration problems to piping in data from a growing number of e-commerce platforms and financial apps, services
- Work with experts to offer intuitive user experience, making financial insights more accessible and actionable to everyday business owner
- Help mentoring other members and extending your influence inside and outside the engineering team
What We’re Looking For
- 7+ years of industry experience with 2-3+ years in tech lead roles.
- Full stack tech lead on building and delivering successful SaaS products.
- Competency in Machine Learning Operations.
- Proficiency while working with data pipelines.
- Proficiency in software development on AWS or Heroku.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- High motivation and ability to tolerate ambiguity
An especially strong candidate may also have the following experience:
- Building analytics tools.
- Working in startups, especially Fintech.
Our benefits: (contractor)
- Contract signed with a US Company
- At least 10 days of vacations per year
- Training plan and continuous learning
- Be part of a company ranked in the top 20% worldwide according to Officevibe in employee engagement
- Health and wellness program
- Company retreats and offsite activities
Our growth culture:
- One pillar here at MagmaLabs is to give back to the community. This is why we organize code retreats, small conferences, meetups, visits to universities, contributions to open source, mentorships, etc.
- We like to share knowledge outside and inside the company, that's why we organize MagmaTalks —a place to share ideas, tools, and different topics.
- We support the BrightCoders Academy, our talent accelerator that provides mentoring and training to the next generation of software engineers.
- We have a great process to boost team-building with our MagmaActivities! (sports, paintball, escape rooms, bowling and more)
- And we also enjoy partying on special occasions: Christmas Party, Programmer's Day, Halloween, Day of the Dead, Independence Day and more.
We’re an incredible team that builds tailored software solutions to help companies execute their vision. Altogether, we have helped develop multiple projects and built sites from scratch for more than a hundred projects across different countries. We also love to develop top talent to deliver high-quality products with rigorous execution.