Sr Node Engineer
About the Role
You’ll be instrumental in a small and fast pace engineering team while taking ownership of your work at every stage of the development lifecycle from early concepts through delivery.
On a daily basis you are expected to:
- Work closely with other experts on designing features for final customers, including product management and finances.
- Take ownership of the implementation and optimization over iterations.
- Solve performance and scalability issues to rightsize platforms for the growing stages.
- Tackle e-commerce platform apps fast integration needs with creative problem-solving skills.
- Contribute to enhance CI/CD and test automation capabilities
What We’re Looking For
- 3-5+ years of experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in SQL, relational databases, and data modeling
- Experience with ETL data pipeline and analytics.
- Familiar with developing on AWS or Heroku.
- Desire to constantly learn and grow both personally and professionally.
An especially strong candidate may also have the following experience:
- Machine Learning basic concepts.
- Test automation.
- DevOps, CI/CD tool chains.
- Working in startups.
Our benefits: (contractor)
- Contract signed with a US Company
- At least 10 days of vacations per year
- Training plan and continuous learning
- Be part of a company ranked in the top 20% worldwide according to Officevibe in employee engagement
- Health and wellness program
- Company retreats and offsite activities
Our growth culture:
- One pillar here at MagmaLabs is to give back to the community. This is why we organize code retreats, small conferences, meetups, visits to universities, contributions to open source, mentorships, etc.
- We like to share knowledge outside and inside the company, that's why we organize MagmaTalks —a place to share ideas, tools, and different topics.
- We support the BrightCoders Academy, our talent accelerator that provides mentoring and training to the next generation of software engineers.
- We have a great process to boost team-building with our MagmaActivities! (sports, paintball, escape rooms, bowling and more)
- And we also enjoy partying on special occasions: Christmas Party, Programmer's Day, Halloween, Day of the Dead, Independence Day and more.
We’re an incredible team that builds tailored software solutions to help companies execute their vision. Altogether, we have helped develop multiple projects and built sites from scratch for more than a hundred projects across different countries. We also love to develop top talent to deliver high-quality products with rigorous execution.
Ready to join us? Apply here!